Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Good Running Gone Bad

I regret to inform EVERYONE that the injury I thought I had shaken has yet returned. I guess that because there are so many good things going on in my life (getting married in April, buying a house, having a great job, dog, fiance and family) that one thing had to go wrong. Of course it has to be the one thing I want to do most. It's pretty safe to say that if I was told I had an hour to live, and could pick one thing to do in that hour, I would run. I've heard most people would pick sex, but not me. I would pick running.

Well, I was planning on doing the Rock N Roll Arizona marathon this January, but it looks like my knee can't handle more then 20 minutes of running right now, so it's pretty much out of the question. As of now I am trying to be the most positive I can be. I got all my tears out, and now I am sucking it up, acting positive and appreciating all the wonderful things I DO have in my life. I am blessed and thankful for so many things, it's crazy for me to go lock myself and shut down in depression because I can't run again. I WILL get better with smart, careful recovery training and the plan is to run the Ragnar relay in the end of February.

Brian will do the marathon and I will be there at the finish to cheer him on. He's going for a PR of 2:50 this year! What an amazing runner he is, duck running form and all :)~

POSITIVE THOUGHTS, POSITIVE THINKING

XOXO
Cori

No comments: