Monday, May 3, 2010

Mrs. Folts


Well, I am officially Mrs. Corinne Therese Folts now! Our wedding was absolutely amazing, and I am so glad it came together the way it did that day. I couldn't have asked for a better day. Everyone told me to cherish the moment, because the day goes by so fast... and they were right. One moment I was standing up there saying I do, and the next thing I know I'm home again in my house and everything is over. The morning after my wedding we got up at 5 a.m. and I went and raced the Tri for the Cure sprint Triathlon in Chandler. I know, CRAZY. But it was worth it and I had fun. I was so tired from dancing and being up all night but I just raced for fun and Brian was on every corner cheering for me. By the time I got to the really short run my legs were toast so I just ran easy and ended up third overall anyway... awesome! We got back to our beautiful honeymoon suite at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort by 9:30 a.m. and got to enjoy the rest of our morning. I ended up chasing some kids up and down the slides like a huge dork all afternoon, and also ate some Rocky Mountain Oysters (Bull balls) with my crazy family that night at Rawhide for dinner. It took some convincing, but hey, I guess I cave to peer pressure easily. They weren't THAT bad I guess :)~

Last weekend we went up to St. George Utah because Brian raced Ironman St. George. It is definitely beautiful up there... but I don't know if I will ever do that race. On Friday, the day before the race, Shawna and I decided to ride one loop of the course (56 miles) and man was it WINDY!! It took us over 3 hours to do it, and I think if I would have done this race my bike split would have been around 7 hours... it is crazy hilly and windy with just as crazy descents as climbs. And the run is even worse!!! We did have so much fun watching Brian and Adam race on Saturday though, and I think the most fun I had was going back at 11 p.m. to watch the last finishers come in between 16 and 17 hours! It was amazing! It was like a party down there! Music was playing loud, the sky was dark, everything was lit up and the crowd was dancing and screaming! It was one of the best Ironman experiences of my life and I cant believe I've never watched the last people come in before! I always just go home and bury myself in ice for the night... but I will definitely go back at every race and watch until the 17 hour cut-off from now on. How amazingly dedicated those people are to be out there for 17 hours to finish that race. Wow!


Also congratulations to Julie Dunkle and Kevin Sullivan from my Erin Bakers Triathlon Team who totally rocked the race! Enjoy Kona 2010!


Well, we are off to Hawaii tomorrow at 8 a.m. for our honeymoon! I have one day here in Phoenix between St. George and Hawaii and I spent most of it on my bike because I wont be seeing it for another week. It was really nice to have a Monday off to do whatever I want!


XOXO

Cori

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS to you and Brian!!! Sounds like a great first month of marriage :). Enjoy Hawaii!!!!!!!!!