Monday, April 28, 2008

Colorado


It's been a long time and lots of things have happened. On the 18th Brian and I went to Denver to check it out. It was beautiful, although dry and a little hard to breathe when exercising. First we drove all around Denver, and even up to Boulder to check out all the areas. We agreed the Evergreen, Morrison, Lakewood, Golden area is the best and we signed a lease for an apartment in Lakewood May 15! I am excited, but a little worried about finding a job after we move. I don't like being without a steady income for too long, it makes me nervous. I am happy though that I am getting the heck out of Phoenix. I hate it here... way too hot to bike, run and swim and I'm just crabby and unhappy all summer! We'll be back for Ironman in November, so I'm not too worried. More on the move to come later.
We spent the weekend hiking in Evergreen, eating and we saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall in the theater by our hotel in Englewood. There is a really awesome sandwich shop right by our new apartment that we ate at twice called Great Harvest Bread Company, and we also ate at an Israli restaurant like one of our favorites in Scottsdale.
The weekend went fast, and before we knew it we were back in the polluted Phoenix area breathing the bad air again... yuck! I'm going to start the application process for grad school as well. I'm going to go for education and am excited. I'm thinking about the program at University of Northern Colorado.
:)

No comments: