Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Hannah, Colorado Relay, VMA's


Hannah got spayed yesterday. I dropped her off around 7:30 in the morning and picked her back up at 4:30 in the afternoon. As soon as I got her home she started throwing up, and after the fourth time I called the emergency veterinary hospital to ask if this is normal. They told me to bring her in because it isn't normal. So after $411 for the spay, I had to pay another $180 for her emergency visit where they pumped her with fluids and antibiotics. Ugh, I am officially broke. But I would rather be broke and have Hannah alive, than Hannah be dead and I have money. This morning she is doing better, but is still pretty loopy. I got her to eat some turkey lunch meat and take a few licks of an ice cube. I am Hannah's personal nurse. :)

The Colorado Relay is coming up on Friday. I am meeting my team at 5 a.m. and we start the race at 7 a.m. We should be done running about 170 miles through the Rocky Mountains Saturday morning. I am very excited to meet my team and make some new friends! My left groin area still hurts from the bike crash at the 5430 half iron race, but I think it will be good to give it a break from biking and just concentrate on running this weekend. The race starts in Georgetown and ends in Carbondale, CO. My team is an all-woman team. Each team has 10 runners and I am runner 9. Each runner runs three times. For more information go to http://coloradorelay.com and check it out!

Each year I get really excited for the MTV Video Music Awards because I am a big dork and I follow all that celebrity stuff because I think it's fun. I was excited to watch this year because I love Rihanna and she was part of the opening act. Also, lots of crazy stuff always happens. I think I've watched the VMA's every year for the past 10 years I would say. However, this year was repulsive! The host Russell Brand, a British comedian, ruined the show for me as soon as he started talking! All he did was rip on President Bush, make fun of the Jonas Brother's purity rings and other things that I just couldn't believe! Believe me I am not a a republican and I don't wear a promise ring, but honestly, who approved that guys act? I think its awesome that some teenagers these days choose to wear a ring and not have sex until they are married, what is wrong with that? I also think it was wrong for a foreign comedian to make fun of our country's president at an award show in our country! Whether someone is republican, democrat, liberal or whatever, I'm sure people with any political view were offended by this guy making fun of our president like that. Booo I hate Russell Brand. Rihanna, though... awesome! Christina Aguilera too!

Well, it's off to the gym this morning and then taking care of Miss Hannah the rest of the day :)

XOXO
Cori

No comments: