Saturday, December 20, 2008

Knee Injury

So I have been injured lately and that's why I haven't been writing. I am very very sad because I cannot run! I don't feel like myself without running so I've been very depressed.

The back of my left knee on the outside hurts ONLY when I run. It feels really tight when I run and starts hurting pretty bad and I have to stop. I've been biking and swimming and using the stairmaster and elliptical machines at the gym. Today I walked 6 miles. I've been icing and using the foam roller and stretching and I am going to try and run again after New Years. But for now I am just sad. Merry Christmas to me: I can't do the thing I love the most.

Tears!!!

XOXO
Cori

1 comment:

laura said...

Cori,
Hang in there! I know this is so hard though. It sounds like either IT band problem or calf /hamstring strain. Is that the side you crashed on?

Have you seen a doctor? I have a few ideas for you....possibly since the hip injury your hips are mis-aligned, causing the pull to one side. If that is it, go see a chiropractor.

Also, try massage therapy; look for one that does soft tissue work and sports massage and ask the local tri/ run club for recommendations.

Last, check your shoes. Are they worn? Are you trying to run in the shoes you did IM in? Those shoes are probably shot by now.

Last idea; try aqua jogging. Use the flotation belt, and I have some 'floaties' I put on my ankles to give more resistance. It is a decent workout.

Good luck! I miss you! This freezy weather needs to go away!