Friday, October 26, 2007

It's Friday

Today is Friday. It is pay day, which I like, but an off day, which I don't like so much. I am getting nervous for SOMA, and when I get nervous I always think I should have trained more. I have the urge to just leave work and spend all day swimming, biking and running until all my limbs fall off, but I know that's not the best idea because I probably wouldn't do very well on Sunday. So today I walked to the office, as I do every day, and will walk to an interview I have today as well just so I don't go crazy!

When I got to the office this morning, one of the ladies in distribution had a litter of 10-week-old yorkies by the front desk. I'd say every employee here huddled in a circle around these adorable dogs. They were probably the cutest dogs I have ever seen in my life. It also made me think of my cat, Madison, who I miss a lot. I can't wait to have a pet again.

This afternoon I am interviewing a 10-year-old girl who is collecting "gently used" halloween costumes and distributing them to less fortunate children. It's amazing to me how charitable the young people are in this community. When I was that young all I cared about was who's house I was going to sleep over at on Friday night and the latest Mariah Carey hit.



1 comment:

brianfolts said...

I love you. You will do fine at SOMA.