Saturday, October 27, 2007

SOMA tomorrow!

So SOMA is tomorrow. I am pretty nervous, but more excited. They changed the direction of the swim, so we are now swimming West first and turning East to head back with the sun in our eyes. it looks far, but to me it always looks far. There are 10 swim waves and I am in wave 9. Brian is in wave 5. I will start at 7:21 a.m. behind almost everyone except the 35-70-year-old women. My goal is to swim under 40 minutes, which was my time at the Great Illini Challenge. They have changed the bike course a few times over the last couple weeks. It is very confusing with lots of u-turns and out and backs. My biking isn't yet where I want it to be, but I hope to average 19 to 20 mph for the day. That would be a huge improvement since the September race, but we have been doing 70-mile rides on the weekends so hopefully I can bring my game. The run will be a hot, yet flat, run. We will run two loops clockwise around Tempe Town Lake. My only concern the run is the temperature.
It is 8:22 p.m. and everything is packed and I am ready to go early tomorrow morning. We had a birthday party for Brian at his mom's house tonight and we brought spaghetti. I had sweet potatoes and pineapple as well. Hopefully my stomach holds up for tomorrow.
So it's a 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike and 13.1 mile run again tomorrow. Wish me luck!

No comments: