Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I'm in Arizona!

Welcome to Arizona... it's HOT!

No shocker there, because Ironman is coming up so OF COURSE it has to be record breaking temperatures in Phoenix! We can't stop the tradition of hot, windy Ironman days now can we? Well, I have my fingers crossed that we can.

I arrived in Phoenix Monday night around 7:30 p.m. and it was still 80 degrees out. When I left Chicago it was snowing! Keith and I had a fun night wondering around trying to find a place for food that was open at 9 p.m. on a Monday! Eventually we ended up walking to Extreme Pita and I ended up practically blowing my chips out my nose laughing so hard at his stories. Ahhh Keith, some things will never change! We went to Target and I bought an awesome huge soft green blanket and a $16 double size air mattress. Good thing I spent all the money on the blanket and got a cheap air mattress... NOT! It didn't come with a pump so Keith and I took turns doing three minute intervals with the bike pump! It took forever to blow up, but in the end it was worth it because I freakin' love this damn blanket! :)

Yesterday I did a 2,500 meter swim outdoors at Lifetime and then I ran for 32 minutes outside. It was HOT! But I think I can handle it. There will be lots of sunscreen and lots of endurolyte tablets making an appearance on Sunday! It will be a sweaty, but awesome day! I also met up with Luanne at her house to see her baby Cailyn and then we all went to RA for some sushi and appetizers. I had the best time and I miss my Lu Dogg so much! We laughed and laughed and laughed some more until it was time to go home and put the baby to bed and then Keith and I watched football and tv all night. I also talked to Laura and she is driving here and will arrive on Thursday. I can't wait to see her either!

Today I went to a spin class at Lifetime because my bike wont be here until tomorrow at 1 p.m. I spun it out easy for an hour and then swam 1,500 meters outside. The sun is so damn bright I am contemplating using darker goggles, but then again I like my clear ones. Decisions decisions. Tomorrow I will to go Tempe Town Lake in the morning with my westuit for the practice swim and then run a little on the course afterwards. Tri Bike Transport should have my bike at the Expo by 1 p.m. so I'll pick it up then and ride a little of the course. Yesterday I spent a lot of money on new tires, tubes, fuel and a new tri outfit. So I'm going to start getting all ready so I have less to stress about as the race gets closer. I will probably pick up my packet tomorrow as well so I can start sorting out what goes in what gear bags and special needs bags. Ugh... so much to think about! I'm also meeting Jane at the Pointe tonight so I can pick up a Gage sports bra I plan on wearing for the run :)

Lastly, I stopped by my old work today at the Ahwatukee Foothills News and saw some of my old co-workers. I love stopping by there and hanging out in the Newsroom like old times. I missed Kelly though because she was at lunch, so I will have to stop by again while I'm here to see her. This shouldn't be a problem since I really don't have much to do other than worry about this race!

All for now! Time to relax and watch some TV and maybe take a nap. Tapering is tough haha!

XOXO
Cori

No comments: