Thursday, November 13, 2008

Tapering


Oh how much I HATE tapering! When I don't work out as much as I am used to I get sad/depressed/mad ... all of the above!! I know the best thing for me to do right now is hold back and take it easy, but it is SO HARD! I forced myself to stick to just swimming today and I am going to do a run tomorrow morning before work.

Speaking of work, I started working this week in Hoffman Estates. I am working as a pre 2 teacher and have a class of 2, 3 and 4 year olds. They are adorable. I am learning so much and I love, love LOVE having my own classroom of little rugrats. I also met with an adviser at school today and registered for classes that will begin January 26. I will have two night classes a week (Monday and Wednesday) along with a few observation hours in the classroom throughout the semester. I am so excited to start school I have no words to even explain it! :)

On Monday afternoon I will head to Arizona to spend the week in Tempe getting ready for Ironman. I can't believe the race is almost here but I am so ready to just get out there and do it! I still have to figure out how I am going to get my bike down there... what a pain! I also need to practice changing tires so I am going to go to a multisport store on Saturday and buy new tires and tubes and practice changing tires myself just in case I get a flat (heaven forbid!) My Dad will fly in to Phoenix on Saturday and will be there watching my race all day Sunday. I am SO THANKFUL that he is taking the time to be my support crew. I honestly don't know what I would do without him there... I mean I know I would still do the race, but just the mental aspect of knowing he is there for me is really going to make all the difference. Even though my Dad doesn't fully understand my obsession and passion for endurance sports, his unconditional love for me really shines through because of his undying support for me. Family really is number one and this proves it! Thanks Dad (in advance) I love you so much!

The weather in Illinois is less than desirable, however I am loving every minute of it. After spending so long in the sweltering heat of Arizona I have really grown to appreciate the seasons. The leaves are so beautiful and watching them fall to the ground and the branches get bare is incredible. I haven't seen the fall to winter change in six years! So when it is raining/showing/sleeting or whatever outside I just think, oh well, indoor training today... and it will be AWESOME! haha! But really, I love it and I really, really REALLY do not regret my decision to move back to Illinois. Everything and everyone has been nothing short of amazing since I have moved back and I can't wait to see where my life takes me.

All for now!

XOXO
Cori

No comments: