Thursday, January 29, 2009

MRI Results

So, as I expected, nothing came out of the results from the MRI except that I now know that I did not tear or break anything, which I guess is a good thing to know. I'm not exactly sure that information was worth the money to get the MRI though. I'll let you know when I get the bill (which I'm sure wont be pretty.) The doctor basically went through a couple possibilities of what could, maybe, possibly, might be wrong with me. I find it so interesting how little people know about endurance athletes and I find myself forgetting many times that most people in this world do not do Ironman (shocking, I know.) I tried my hardest not to get annoyed and I took the information he gave me willingly and with a smile (probably a fake one lol.) The most helpful piece of information I got out of this whole experience was an amazing IT band stretch.

ANYWAY... I do have some good news though! Today I ran 41 minutes pain free! Each day I have been adding just about 5 minutes to my run time and I am feeling great! I am very, very VERY happy! The pain of the cold temperatures is the only thing that bothers me, but I am afraid to run on the treadmill since that is where the injury originated from, so I'll stick with the snow and cold. I'm going to have to figure something out for my face though because a scarf full of snot and spit is not something I enjoy dealing with every day on my runs! But without a scarf on my face the cold is just way too painful to deal with!

On a different note I started grad school this week at Roosevelt. I like the class sizes. They are so small compared to ASU and it's nice. It kind of forces you to learn more because you can't just blend into the crowd and get by just sitting there daydreaming... or in my case eveningdreaming now. I am taking Human Development 407, Foundations of Education 405 and, unfortunately, a World History since 1500 undergraduate class since apparently I didn't take a class at ASU that fulfills the non-western requirement for my masters program. It is going to be very time consuming and I am going to be a very busy girl. I find it hard to take school 100% seriously though as I know I could just start ASU's program in June and move out of this frozen hell back into the real 120 degree hell in Phoenix, but I'd be avoiding this ridiculous snow and cold which I really just cant stand at all. So, we'll see, I have a lot to think about regarding school. But for now I'm going to see how this semester goes at Roosevelt, keeping ASU in the back of my mind.

Next Friday I'm getting my Primary Group Fitness Certification as well, so maybe I'll start teaching some classes at the gym as well. I really want to teach spinning, so we'll see. I kind of feel like my life is all over the place right now as I'm just trying to figure out what I want to do and where I want to be. My brain hurts!

All for now

XOXO
Cori

3 comments:

Jennifer Harrison said...

CORI: Ok......I was reading Elizabeth Rich's blog this AM (she is an athlete of mine) and I saw your comment...and you mentioned Chicago, so I clicked your name. YOU LIVE IN SLEEPY HOLLOW???? Holy crap. I live in West Dundee....there are several triatheltes in Sleepy Hollow...Brett, Joel Zucco.....do you know these guys? I know you are young....ANYWAY, what gym do you go to? We have a Prairie Dog team group out of Prairie Stone in Hoffman Estates - Rte 72/Barrington Roads. There are several triathletes here in W. Dundee..we live in Old town part....We do a group open water swim every wed all summer at Lake in the HIlls.....Ok....email me if you want or check out my website....We swim on a Masters team in Elgin too, you should join us.

jhtriathlon@sbcglobal.net
www.jenharrison.com

Jennifer Harrison said...

PS
Can you tell I am excited?
Ok...That gal you met at LTF, Tracy...that is Tracy Lorenz, good friend/client of mine who just did IM WI ... and her husband is doing it this year. SHE is super and will be excellent if you need a training buddy/group...she lives in W. Dundee too...

Ok....see....I can help you find some friends! EMAIL ME

Jennifer Harrison said...

CORI:
Are you coming to Masters tomorrow AM? the 15th? Let me know!