Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Stranded at the Y

Yesterday Brian saved my life.
I biked to the Y and just as I was getting there it began to rain. The clouds were sparatic, so I figured the rain wouldn't last too long. I decided to run my 10 miles on the treadmill in order to avoid being cold and wet. However, after I finished my run, which didn't go to well because I've been feeling groggy the past couple days, it was still raining pretty hard. I ran to the locker room to grab my cell phone to call Brian and ask him if he could pick me up, but after some searching I realized I forgot my cell phone at home! Because of the world's obsession with cell phones, the only phone numbers I have memorized are the numbers I've known since the stone age - my mom, dad and sister. Too bad they all live accross the country! I tried to call what I thought was Brian's phone number from the Y's phone, but some woman answered and I hung up on her right away.
Everyone working at the Y was feeling bad for me because I was the only one stupid enough to bike there that day. I sat staring out the window as the rain came down. Just a few minutes after I situated myself on a stationary bike - I covinced myself I would bike until the storm passed - Brian came walking through the front door. I have never been happier in my life, especially since I had a meeting to get to at 6.
So Brian saved the day yesterday. He is my hero. :)

No comments: