Sunday, December 16, 2007

Weekend Warriors

Saturday was the coldest bike ride I have ever done. I had tights, shorts, two shirts, arm warmers, socks and gloves on, but I was still freezing. We left the house at 7 a.m. and after only 5 or 6 minutes I couldn't feel my hands or feet. Only at about 10 a.m. did it warm up enough so I could feel my hands, but my feet were numb the entire ride. Everyone was going slower than normal, so I could keep up with the lead group for the majority of the ride. My legs did not want to move for the entire 70 miles, but we got through it somehow! Afterwards we went to see the Nutcracker Ballet downtown. I haven't biked that far in a while, so my legs were a little tight the rest of the day.
Today we ran 15 miles and it felt great. My hamstrings finally have healed so they weren't in pain the entire run for the first time since Tucson half marathon. AWESOME. Again.. I can't wait until January 13!

No comments: