Sunday, December 30, 2007

Goodbye 2007

Christmas time has been very busy balancing work, training and family. I've been pretty stressed out lately, and I'm not too proud of it.
They closed the Y for a week and it threw off my whole training schedule. This means I haven't been biking or swimming much, since my usual is to bike to the Y and swim, then run. However, it's probably good they did that and forced me to concentrate on my running for the marathon.
Christmas day Brian and I went on a Christmas light night run and it was awesome. We ran through some neighborhoods and down Chandler Blvd through the festival of lights. Last weekend we did the Tribe group bike ride and ran 15 miles down and back on Pecos Rd. It felt pretty easy.
Yesterday I took my new Felt bike out on the group ride for the first time. It was so easy to stay with the lead group, except for the hills! I love my new bike and am so happy I got it.
This morning we ran to Kiwanis Park to run on the canals with the Gage training group. We were going to run there, run 10 miles on the canal and run home, but we ended up running 14 on the canals totaling 17 miles for today. This was probably not smart considering the marathon is two weeks away, but it is so nice to run with a group and have people to talk to and make the time go by much faster. I haven't felt too good for the past couple days so today and tomorrow I am going to relax and get healthy. Running sick does not feel good, let me tell you!
I am so excited for my parents to come to Arizona on the 10th to see us race the marathon. It will be a different experience for them as they have never been to one. I also just can't wait to spend time with them since I haven't seen them since the Great Illini half Ironman in September.

Well, today ended my training for 2007 and I am proud of my accomplishments in racing this year. In June I qualified for the Boston Marathon and in July I did my first triathlon. Since then have completed two half Ironman's with a 5:37 PR in 100 degree weather. I can't wait to see what 2008 has in store for me! My goal for 2008... to become an Ironman November 23rd!
Happy New Year!

No comments: