Monday, May 5, 2008

Gearing up to move

Eleven days until the big move to Colorado. I'm getting ansy and am ready to just GO! The weather has been heating up and lately I've been reminded of when I first moved to Phoenix from my little town of Sleepy Hollow, Ill. and started school. I always said I would never live here permanently and that I would never raise my kids here. Well, a month and a half before graduation last May I met Brian, and moving back to the Midwest became a thought of the past. So, I spent another summer here, complaining every day when it was time to run, bike, swim or walk to work. It is just too hot! When Brian told me he wanted to move to Colorado my heart was lifted! I am so thankful that we are getting the heck out of here just a week after he graduates! It is a little scary though, thinking I'm leaving my job and heading to Colorado without one, but things happened so fast I don't really have another choice. I've been job searching online, since that's pretty much all I can do from Phoenix at the moment, but I'm just not sure if I want to continue doing journalism. I really want to be involved in something fitness or education related... I guess the search will continue until I find my niche in Colorado!
Another exciting thing is that we are getting a puppy on June 3. She is a mini Austrailian shepherd that is currently just four weeks old! I am so luck to have found her while doing my daily internet searching (I'm obsessed with googling random things and learning about random things I find on the internet.) I found a Colorado Springs-based breeder, www.fuzbutts.com, and fell in love with her. I can't wait to have a running/hiking/walking buddy. :)~

This weekend I got to meet one of my best friends' (since I was 8) baby, Dylan. He is 2 1/2 months old. I cannot believe we are getting to the age where everyone starts having babies. I don't think I'm quite ready for that, and her visit was a good reminder of that! I'll be happy with Brian and our dog, and concentrating on establishing a career before I start a family! But don't get me wrong, I definately want at least two kids... someday!!

I am also excited because I revieved an e-mail last week from a girl who said she found my blog randomly. She said she is moving to the Denver area this summer and is also doing Ironman Arizona in November! How cool! I already have a friend and I haven't even moved yet. Serious training starts later this month, so I'm enjoying my time off before I dive in! I did a hike with my dad on Saturday and an hour run on Sunday... how nice it is to relax.

OK, it's back to work and getting ready to move!

<3

No comments: