Monday, May 26, 2008

BolderBOULDER 10K












Today we ran the BolderBOULDER 10K up in, yup you guessed it, Boulder. It was a rough race, considering we've only been up in this elevation for a week now.

My official time was 44:45.08 and my pace was 7:13 minute miles. It was my first 10K, so no matter what, I can say it was a personal best :) even though I ran 20 seconds per mile SLOWER than my half marathon personal best! I have no idea how long it will take to get used to this elevation, but I plan on researching it soon!
My overall place was 230 out of 16,849, which means I was in the top one percent for women, not counting pros. I also placed ninth in my age division out of 404, which was also surprising. My goal was to run 40 minutes, so I missed it by about five minutes, but hey I can always to better next time.... which I will! It was a cold and rainy day, much better than a hot Phoenix day, but it was uncomfortable walking three miles back to the car after the race!
Last week I went to Runner's Roost, a shoe store here in Lakewood, and bought some new Asics DS Trainers. I need to start training in heavier shoes instead of racing flats, that way racing will seem easier! I still raced in my old Newtons, which are really old, so I can put a little blame on my bad finishing time on my old shoes that give no support... :)
Tomorrow my training plan says to bike and run... we'll see what happens! I have a lot on my mind, and I just want to find a good job and settle into a routine... after that I know I will feel better! Today I'll probably just lounge with Brian in our cozy little apartment. Wednesday I have an interview, and I might go check out a school in north Denver this week as well.
That's all for now.

No comments: