Sunday, June 1, 2008

Hannah is here!

Nothing much is new here except that we got our new mini Aussie, Hannah, today! We drove down to Colorado Springs and met the breeder at about 11:15 a.m. Hannah slept the whole way home, then I took her to PetCo to get a new collar. The one I had for her was too big! When we got home we played with her raccoon toy for a bit and then she passed out! Puppies sleep a lot. She has found her favorite place in the living room, a small space right between the two couches where she sprawls out and takes naps! I took her for a walk to get the mail and by the lake later in the afternoon and she went potty. I was so proud.. haha! I'm just glad she didn't go in the house! I am very entertained by her when she is awake, she's so funny. She runs around playing and she looks like a tiny furball. OK... I am obsessed. Even more obsessed than before... when I used to look at photos of her on the breeder's website multiple times a day! I'm sure everyone at Ahwatukee News would say the same! I'm going to call the vet and hopefully get her in for her first check up in the next couple days. Everywhere I go people fall in love with her... I am so lucky!

Yesterday we biked up to Mount Evans... well almost! We did about an 80 mile, or more, bike from our house, up through Morrison, Evergreen and then on the road to Mt. Evans. We made it up to the restaurant at Echo Lake, which is 10,800 feet in elevation, and then I had to turn around. Four hours of biking uphill was enough for me! We had lunch at the restaurant and it was awesome. The view was beautiful and my soup and cornbread (my favorite) was delicious. The way home was all down hill, and it only took me two hours and 20 minutes. I am hurting in places I have never hurt in before though from the bumpy downhill. It was painful! I took this picture when I was about half way up!

I am getting my AFAA personal trainer certification next weekend... that is if I pass the test at the end of the three day course... and I am so excited! The class is Friday 1 to 9:30 and Saturday and Sunday 8-6. Long... but worth it. Then hopefully I can get a job as a personal trainer and start working somewhere soon! Staying home all day is BORING!

Well... the weather is beautiful, Hannah is sleeping, Brian is playing video games and I'm about to go grocery shopping and probably take Hannah out to pee a couple more times so she does ruin my carpet!

All for now!!!

No comments: