Friday, June 20, 2008

OUCH!

Hola Amigos. I am not happy. On Wednesday I was trail running in the Mountains and tripped and fell. I was about three miles away from my car, so I had no other choice than to keep running. Both my knees were bleeding and pretty tore up, as well as both of my hands. I thought I would be fine, but Thursday it still hurt really bad and I could tell that even though i spent a while trying to clean the wounds there was still a lot of dirt stuck in them as you can probably tell from the picture. So this morning I went to Urgent Care and spent $152 to have myself checked out. A doctor and nurse tried their best to also help me clean the dirt out. The nurse spent about an hour with a sponge scrubbing. It was pretty painful... but not as bad as what was to come next. There were some pretty bad spots on my knee where I knew the dirt had dried up in my skin and made some bumps. After an hour of scrubbing, the doctor came in and, yes, he CUT them off with scissors! It was disgusting and it hurt! WHY ME! Well... so I cant swim for a few days with these cuts because 1) it would hurt like a BEEP and 2) I don't want to risk infection. So, all in all, I am pissed. I will probably still bike tomorrow, even though I shouldn't, but what the heck... I'm not dead. I will start swimming again on Monday if the healing goes well. I was also prescribed some antibiotics, but I hate them because the make me feel high. haha. I guess some people would enjoy that, but not me. I will have to take them though... much to my dismay. So Ironman training week 2 has gone to hell... but no worries... I will be roaring and ready come next week!
Hannah and I started going to puppy training classes on Tuesday. She is so smart it is ridiculous. She can already SIT and WATCH ME. It's great. The only problem is when we go outside she gets to excited and crazy and doesn't listen. I think that is just puppies though. Her attention span is short! Crate training still sucks. She hates the crate. I'm still trying though. We'll see what happens.
So the job search is still going. I am reluctant to take any position I am not completely satisfied with. I also don't want to make less money than I was making in AZ. I am in a tough situation right now trying to find a job. It is so hard. Sitting at home is not my thing and I am going a little crazy, not to mention getting depressed. Why doesn't anyone want to hire me? These are the thoughts that go through my head as I sit at home with my injuries and with Hannah all day. I'm trying my best not to get down... but it gets harder and harder each day. I pray something will happen soon.....

No comments: