Wednesday, June 11, 2008

AFAA and CPR

Well, during my down time without a job I decided to get AFAA personal trainer certified and CPR certified. So... that's what I've been doing the past week! Friday, Saturday and Sunday I was downtown at the YMCA for 12 hours a day for the personal trainer workshop. I have to say... it was tough! On Sunday we took a written test and a practical exam where we had to teach an exercise, name all the muscles worked in that exercise, two opposing muscle exercises and stretches for those exercises. The written test was also a lot more kinesiology then I expected. Naming all the muscles and movements and joints is tough! It's like learning another language. I will find out in a month if I passed... A MONTH? I'm going to call and see if i can find out sooner :)
Last night I spent the evening at the American Red Cross downtown completing my CPR certification. It was a three hour skill session class, I had already taken the online written test. I passed that! So now I am CPR certified... anybody need their life saved?
So Brian goes to work every day and I still sit at home... it is sad! I really hope I get a job sometime soon! I am dieing! I apply for at least two jobs every day... so far I have one interview on June 30 for a personal training job downtown. But that is so far away and I am BROKE! At least Hannah keeps me company. Today I took her down by the lake and she got all wet and dirty. I had to give her a little bath when we got home. She was much more cooperative than I thought she would be!
OK back to job searching. I swam this afternoon and am going to run tonight :) Working out is also keeping me happy. Oh... and I am also doing the Colorado Relay in September. It's just like Ragnar, but through the mountains in Colorado. A girl sent a group e-mail to the Denver runner's email list I am on and I responded to it. I think it's an all girl team... what a great way to hopefully make some friends out here!

OK all for now! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm taking the workshop this weekend and have been studying for about a month. Really nervous and wondering if they allow any cheat sheets or open book???
My name is Kim. PLEASE post or email me at goldeneaglenest@live.com