Tuesday, May 20, 2008

New Home

The move has been hectic, and we are still settling into our new apartment. Colorado is beautiful, and I am thrilled I don't have to try and survive in 110 degree weather anymore! We have spent the past two days working out in the morning, then Brian works from home during the day and I am still unpacking! Not having a job is strange, and I get bored real easily. Hopefully I find something good soon because I will go crazy without something other than working out and cleaning! How do homemakers do it??!?!

Yesterday we biked up Jewell Ave from our house. There is a huge hill right away and then... many many more hills!!! Then we ran for one hour around the three lakes by our apartment. It was such a nice day! Today we got up and ran up to the Green Mountain Recreation Center and swam. The run was ridiculously uphill the way there (2.2 miles) and, as you could guess, ridiculously downhill on the way back. I honestly didn't know if I was going to make it on the way there. I haven't swam in a week either, so it felt good to get back in the water... even though I'm still slow and Brian laps me all the time :)
We are going to do the Rocky Mountain half marathon in three weeks. I am excited but nervous... I haven't raced since Lake Havasu, which was horrendous, so we will see what happens. I know I wont PR, because the likelyhood of me running 6:50's after just moving up to this elevation is very low, but it will be fun nonetheless.

I am also excited because we are getting our mini Aussie, Hannah, in two weeks from today! She is so adorable and I CANNOT WAIT to meet her! I stopped by the vet today to learn more about what I have to do when we get her. It will be awesome because Brian and I took a walk after dinner tonight and all I could think about is how excited I am to have the dog to walk with us in two weeks!!
I also want to say thanks to Brian's uncle Brenden, his brother Eric and our old roommate Keith for helping us move out here. It was an eventful trip, to say the least, but good memories I will keep forever! Spending the day in Golden, which is about 7 miles from our apartment, on Sunday was awesome. Keith took this photo when we went exploring that afternoon. It was so windy I was scared I was going to get blown off the mountain and I couldn't believe people were actually biking up it still!! The wind is definitely something I will have to get used to!
Tomorrow we plan to stop by a bike shop in Morrison and ask about group rides... we really need some friends and hopefully we can find people to bike and run with! All we hear is that Boulder is the place for triathletes to be, so maybe we will ultimately end up there!
Brian is sleeping on the couch now, so I think it's time for me to go to bed and get up to go swim tomorrow morning, then bike in the afternoon after the cable guy comes! So much to do still!!
:)

No comments: