Friday, July 4, 2008


First and foremost... I GOT A JOB! I will be working in Denver at Bladium Sports and Fitness Club as a personal trainer! I am so excited and I think it will work out well. They are just starting up personal training, so me and Tony (the other trainer) will be first to start out fresh. Of course I am a little nervous as I am new to PT, but I think it will be awesome. I am so happy and relieved that I will be working! My schedule is from about 2-9 Monday though Friday, which is awesome because Brian is usually home by 6 on week nights and Hannah will only be alone for about 4 hours each day. I start on Monday and I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes!

Last weekend we did the Loveland Lake to Lake Triathlon in Loveland, which is about 50 miles north of Denver. It was amazing! The distance was 1500 meter swim, 30 mile bike and 10K run. The weather was great. It was cloudy and not too hot. I had a good swim for the first time ever, so I am happy! I have been swimming Monday - Thursday every week and I try to swim at least 2,000 meters every workout. From doing this I have seen much improvement and I feel so much better about the swim. Now I have to start concentrating on the bike! I averaged around 19-20 mph on the 30-mile rolling bike course. I really want to work on that and get faster. I ran a 44-minute 10K, which is still slow for me for a 10K but OK with the elevation and considering it was a triathlon. It was also 1 minute faster than my Bolder Boulder time, which means I am getting used to the elevation slowly but surly.

Today is the fourth of July and we did the Freedom Run 5K in Evergreen this morning. It was really high elevation (9-10,000 feet) and I ran about 21 minutes. I don't know my official time yet, but I think it is high 20's or exactly 21 minutes. The course was VERY hilly, so I am OK with that time. As I get used to the elevation I should get faster!

In two weeks we are heading back to AZ (driving) for the Mountain Man half Ironman triathlon. Our plan right now is to leave on Thursday and spend Friday and Saturday in Phoenix, and Sunday racing in Flagstaff. I am excited to go back and see everyone, especially Luanne's pregnant belly! We are also planning on bringing Hannah, so I am excited for everyone to meet her too. Hopefully she can stand the long drive! We will be making lots of potty stops!

Well, Happy Independence Day to all. I am going to try to get to Golden and enjoy some fireworks tonight :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You posted a video of Hannah, I am glad you are going back to work, ha.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the job!!!!!!

Cliff