Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I've held back the tears for too long

Never give up,
Never lose hope.

Always have faith,
It allows you to cope.

Trying times will pass,
As they always do.

Just have patience,
Your dreams will come true.

So put on a smile,
You'll live though your pain.

Know it will pass,
And strength you will gain.

Charlie Remiggio, Motivational Poet


I just wrote my letter to UNC to tell them I will not be attending the post-baccalaureate program in April. I've been crying ever since and can't stop thinking about how excited I was to apply to that program a year ago and the dreams that I had. I just feel like they are so crushed right now and it hurts, I'm not going to lie. It hurts a hell of a lot more than I ever thought it would.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks SOOO much for your comment on my blog!!! It really was a great day, but I have to figure out my racing nutrition better.. even though I thought I had it spot on during training - oh well :-) Oh and I am glad you got to meet Jen, she is AWESOME! Im jealous that you get to go to her master's practice.
I know what you mean about everything and not feeling like you have a life, living back at home with your parents, friends who aren't really there, etc... I am back at home with my mom - and since I loved racing Ironman so much I just added another one to my schedule this year and I have to stay living with my mom a bit longer to save money. I also don't have a job that makes much money - nor am I in love with it. It really is too bad we don't live closer to each other so we could train and hang out! Keep your head up and keep going to master's because you can really get outside your comfort zone there, thus a bigger reward when your done. Master's is my favorite because its REALLY hard and I feel SOOO much better when I leave ;-)