Saturday, October 11, 2008

Bad weather...

So, first of all, I have had many requests for new pitures of Hannah. Here are a few from our "play date" with Julie's dogs, Vasco and Yogi Bear, on Friday. I let Hannah off her leash for the first time and she did surprisingly well and was a very good listener :) She had a blast. OH and thank you to Jessica for sending me Star's hand-me-downs, I love them and can't wait to take her hiking!

Today I was supposed to do a long ride with Laura, but the weather is really yucky! It has been really cold and rainy all day, so this morning we decided that we are going to ride on Monday and let the weekend weather push through. So, instead of biking today I ran for 2 1/2 hours in the rain. I am a little disappointed, though, because my hip is still bothering me. I really don't know what to do anymore! It feels more like a hip flexor thing now. It's not getting worse, but it's not getting better either. I made it 2 1/2 hours but it was painful. I am going to pray that it starts feeling better soon... PLEASE GOD! I've been laying off from the miles I normally put in and even take more days off, but it's not seeming to help. I guess I am going to continue to ice, stretch and rest as much as possible, but come on I have an Ironman coming up! I really, really REALLY hope that it feels better before the race - otherwise no Ironman for me and that would be a real bummer... :(


It's boring out here, and I don't have internet in my apartment so I have to go to the library every day! Last night I rented the Sex and the City movie and Hannah and I watched it and cuddled on the couch. I bought some new candles too, so it was nice and relaxing. Tonight we will go for a walk, and maybe, just maybe, I'll call my sister. We've had some misunderstandings lately, but I really hope we can work them out and spend some time together before I move to Illinois. Less than three weeks away now and I can't wait!

All for now,

XOXO

Cori

No comments: