Sunday, October 26, 2008

Blustery Day

I'd like to start this blog off with a little prayer:

Hail Mary full of grace, PLEASE DON'T EVER MAKE ME BIKE IN WIND LIKE THAT AGAIN!

On Saturday Laura and I sucessfully completed about 80 miles of biking around Aurora, but it was the windiest bike ride I have ever done. Laura said it was worse than Ironman wind, and that if we could get through that ride that we could definately get through Ironman. The first 40 miles were just fine, as the wind was on our back and I was flying along at ridiculous speeds and hardly working. Then as we turned around the wind hit us and we had 40 miles to go back home! At times we were going 6 mph against the wind uphill. I swear I could feel the wind pushing the skin on my face back like you'd see in a movie. My quads were killing me as my rpms were probably around 50 and all we were using was the power in our legs to fight the wind. At one point my knees started to lock up too, but I just kept telling myself that I could do it. I started making up words to Rihanna's Disturbia song in my head. "No more gas in my legs, can't even get them started. All this wind against my head, trying to push though it. There's a hill up ahead... feels like I'm going insane!!!!" I kept singing that over and over as I pushed! Finally we made it back to Laura's and I laced up my running shoes and ran for an hour! I felt so good, it had to be a miracle! I even finished the run with some energy left in my tank! I was so happy and I kept telling myself "You ARE going to be an Ironman!"

Laura and I went to dinner at Whole Foods and I ate a lot so I wouldn't feel like I did last weekend on my Sunday run after I missed dinner on Saturday because I fell asleep. And I'm so glad I did because today I ran for 2 1/2 hours like the wind and I felt great!

Ironman is a mind game... and I am ready to play it!

Four weeks left till the big day!

XOXO

Cori

No comments: