Friday, October 10, 2008

A new horizon...


Hi everyone! Sorry it's been so long since I've written a new post but I've been really busy! A lot of things in my life are changing and I am so excited to tell you about them!


First of all my trip home was awesome. Danielle was the most beautiful bride I've ever seen and I had a great time (and totally don't regret spending the money for the plane ticket!) A couple hours after I got off the plane on Thursday, September 25 I drove to St. Margaret Mary Catholic Church in Algonquin for the wedding rehearsal. Seeing Danielle and her family was so fun, as well as seeing some friends I haven't seen in a while (aka Christine!) After the rehearsal we went to Lu Malnoti's (probably spelled wrong) and drank wine and ate pizza (it's the best there!). Danielle gave us all purple sparkly purses to match our bridesmaid dresses and then we called it a night. On Friday, the day of the wedding, I worked out in the morning and then had my mom drive me over to Shannon's so she could do my hair. Her sister was cleaning up toilet paper because it was homecoming weekend at the high school I went to and it's a traditon to toilet paper people's houses (I know, its wierd) so I was laughing at her. After we were ready we walked down the street to Danielle's house where Christine was the first one to cry. Danielle looked so beautiful! Her dress was awesome and covered in Swarovski crystals (I'm jealous). We took pictures for a while and then hung out waiting for the limo that ended up being late! Once we got to the church we quickly cleaned the lipstick off Danielle's teeth (I guess it runs in the family, sorry D) before she walked down the aisle. The ceremony was beautiful and I even did a reading. I was really nervous though and forgot to turn the page for Danielle's mom (oops). After the ceremony, and more pictures of course, we crammed in the limo for some drinking and fun on the way to the reception! I was all smiles and it felt so good to be home with my friends. When we got to the Stongate we took more pictures and then danced and drank, of course, all night. It was so fun! Actually, I think I was the only person on the dance floor from the first song to the last song.. what can I say, some things never change :) When the reception ended Christine and I decided we weren't finished yet and went to Bandito's (a samll bar in my home town) in our dresses. All in all I had a great time at the wedding and wish Danielle and Adam a happy marraige! I bet they had a blast in whatever islands they went to (cant remember sorry!) for their honeymoon!

On Saturday I went up to Racine, WI for my cousin Tia's 12th birthday. I had so much fun seeing my family that I haven't seen in a long time and playing badmitton by the lake (they live on Lake Michigan) We also stopped at my grandma's condo and my grampa's apartment on the way home, which was also really nice. For the rest of my vacation I spent my time training at the gym, visiting shools, seeing family (I took my grandma out to lunch and my dad took me apple picking [awesome]) and friends. I am also really glad that I decided to randomly text Barry (thanks to facebook, I guess it's good for something!) while I was home because I ended up hanging out with him and Tyler most nights. It's funny because I don't remember anything to do at home - any bars or anything anyone does (even the names of the roads!) so it was awesome to have them to take me around! I had so much fun with them :) I also got to see Tiff and her baby, Dylan, on Saturday and lot of other people too (too many to name, sorry!)
Lastly, to make a long story short, yes, Brian and I broke up. The exciting thing is that I am moving back to Chicago (something I should have done a long time ago!) at the end of the month and most likely attending grad school at Roosevelt University (if I get in!). I am SO EXCITED for my life to change and I know in my heart that it is the best thing that could happen to me right now. From being home I know that I am meant to be closer to my family and friends at this time in my life and I couldn't be happier. It is something I just felt inside every day that I was home. It's boring being in Colorado alone right now and these three weeks before I move will be hard, but the thought of what's to come keeps me going! I'm also going to keep up my Ironman training in Colorado so when I move it will be time to taper and less stressful. I'll see everyone in Arizona Nov. 17-25!
More to come!
XOXO
Cori

No comments: