Monday, November 12, 2007

Blue Water Triathlon

On Saturday Brian and I drove to Parker, Arizona to do Mountain Man Events' Blue Water Triathlon. Let me tell you, there is nothing in Parker, but the race was very fun. The 1000 meter swim was in the Colorado River, which was clean and clear! It was nice not having to swim in Tempe Town Lake where it is so dirty you can't see your arms or hands in the water. I could even see the feet of the people kicking in front of me. The sun was out of our eyes until the last 250 meters where we turned east to swim back to the transition area. The 33 mile bike was very hilly and bumpy. At one point I thought I had a flat tire and almost started crying because I forgot to put my flat bag back onto my bike after transporting it in the car from Phoenix. I didn't have a flat, the roads were just so bad they made my tires start rumbling and making strange noises. I still was slow on the bike, and the hills killed me. I don't know what my actual time was because I forgot to start my watch before the swim and they didn't record my swim, bike or transition time, just my run and finish time. When I finally got back to the transition area, Patrick was already done with the race. He took pictures of me in transition and ran with me taking more photos during the run! He also took photos of his girlfriend and Keith! I ran a 34 minute 5 miles and I had the 17th fasted overall run split with both men and women. I am always happy to get to the run! What I learned from this race- get faster on the bike!
Overall time - 2:52. I got second in my age group.
Click here for photos

No comments: