Saturday, November 17, 2007

Thinking about race bikes and marathons!

This week was a rough work out week. I was tired all week, but still went about my normal schedule. This morning we woke up at 5:30 and went on the group bike ride with Tribe Multisport. Biking to the shop and home after the group rides puts us at about 70 miles for the day. I wish it would cool down, but it is still pretty hot today. I wore arm warmers for the first half of the bike, but I probably didn't need them. The weatherman said yesterday that the temperatures are about 10 degrees about average this year.
I won a $100 Tribe gift certificate today as well, which will go toward my triathlon bike fund. I've started researching bikes and have been looking at Felt and Kuota the most. I am SO excited to get a new bike because everyone at the races I do and on group rides has such a nice bike. However, it looks like I will have to save about $3,000 for what I want, not counting the wheels which are also expensive. I want to save enough to get a nice set of zipps or reynolds. I figure if I am going to buy a race bike, I might as well get what I want if I'm going to spend so much money. The only problem is after I get this bike, I won't have any excuses for a slow day anymore!
Tomorrow is a 20-mile run day. I am going to stay at around an 8-minute mile pace for this training run as my goal for P.F. Changs Marathon is to break 3:30. The Tucson half marathon is December 2. I hear this race is all downhill, which will be nice for a PR, but maybe not so nice on the knees. My new Newton shoes have been working out really nice. I have been picking up the pace on my week day training runs and it feels great.
On Wednesday Brian and I swam 2,000 meters together. We did sets of 250 and I would try to finish 200 the same time he finished 250. It's a good way for both of us to push ourselves. At the end of each set we were both breathing pretty hard. I wish I had the urge to swim more. I'm always itching to run, but never itching to bike or swim so I am improving pretty slowly on those two events.
Well, it's Saturday... time to rest!

No comments: