Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Long time runnin'

20 miles is a long way to run, but I can honestly say Sunday was my best 20-mile run yet. Brian and I ran two loops from the YMCA to Lakewood Circle and back up to Chandler Boulevard. The weather was so nice that I didn't feel dehydrated. I hardly drank any water and felt fine the whole run. I had gatorade and gel at mile 10 and half a gel at about mile 15. I could have used more gatorade throughout the run, but I hate running with water bottles. We ran an average of 7:30 minute miles through out the run, with some slow times and some faster times. Overall, it felt awesome. I'm ready for P.F. Changs!
I took Monday off biking and running. Brian and I swam 1000 yards at the Y and it felt good to swim the day after a long run. Today I practiced for the Thanksgiving Day triathlon on Thursday. It is a backwards triathlon (2 mile run, then 12 mile bike and ends with a 400 yard pool swim). Today I biked to the Y, ran about 7 miles, swam 1000 yards and biked home. My legs are still a little tired from the 20-mile run so it wasn't my fastest day ever, but it felt good to get out there after a day off. A backwards triathlon doesn't thrill me, I would rather try and beat the turkey at a 10k turkey trot, but what the heck.. why not do something different once in a while?

No comments: